Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bzzz!

I made my first ever B as a final grade yesterday. It was in Calculus. I had an A going into the final, but the day before the test instead of studying I had a really long lunch with some friends I hadn't seen since last semester, and after that I had an adventure with 2 more friends trying to find Columbus from Starkville. I have come to the conclusion that online maps hate me. When I typed in Columbus, MS show times, Google gave me directions to the theater, and they were to the correct address, just on 45-Alt instead of 45, so we ended up in the middle of nowhere, and after much driving around and calling of various acquaintances who might possibly give us correct directions, finally found the theater right as the movie was starting even though we'd left 45 minutes before. Columbus and Starkville are not that far away. Anyway, the point of all this was that I probably should have studied more, but if I go through all four years of college with a perfect 4.0 but have no new friends and no adventures to speak of, what is it all worth? And afterall a 3.9 isn't that much different. Now the only question is, do I really believe all this or am I just trying to console myself? I guess it has to be a little of both because friends and adventures are important, but I have honestly never made a B before. I was the only person in my graduating class with a 4.0. I made a C in middle school band once (I didn't even know that was possible) but middle school doesn't count, and plus we're talking about B's, not C's. At least it was in Honors Cal III instead of something like Music Appreciation. I at least have a dignified B.

4 comments:

Mississippi Girl said...

Congrats on your first B! Welcome to the world of normal college students. Face it, you can't be a super genious all the time. And you'll probably get back to that 4.0 next semester anyways so enjoy the 3's while you can. :)
Memories are so worth a 3.9!

Mrs.H said...

Been there, done that. One semester I went flying home made miniature hot air balloons instead of studying for an economics exam. Am I sorry? not a bit!

tank said...

Miniature hot air balloons....????

Unknown said...

With candles and dry cleaner bags, if I'm not mistaken.