Monday, March 2, 2009

SNOW!!!

It snowed this weekend! In Mississippi! And I was there for it! (Everytime it snowed or there was even a chance of snow here last year, I was somewhere else.) It started snowing late Saturday night and by Sunday morning, we had about 3 inches. Naturally by the time I left for church most of it had melted, but I have a wonderful friend who woke me up really early so we could walk around in it. Naturally after about 5 minutes and 5 pictures my camera died, but I'll share what I have:

This is just outside my building. That's Butler Hall in the background.


This is taken from just about the same spot by my building, only from a different angle and with a different setting on my camera so it looks a lot better.


For you fellow Staters, this is just behind Suttle Hall and you can see most of Zacharias Village and Critz Hall in the background.


Chapel of Memories.


This is just before my camera died. There's lovely Suttle in the background and at this point it was still snowing (note the flakes on my hat). As you can see, everything I'm wearing here matches wonderfully, and you didn't even get the full affect. I still had my p.j.s on under this jacket. Oh, and after it stopped snowing and we were heading back to the warmth of our rooms, we walked back by the hill seen behind me and watched some people "snowboarding" down it. Quite entertaining as none of them made it far at all.

2 comments:

Mark Williams said...

I love the pic of the Chapel

Mrs.H said...

Almost 30 years ago I watched some guys come down that hill in front of Suttle in a canoe after an ice storm. I don't think they thought about how hard it would be to stop until they ran into a pick-up parked at the bottom!