Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Generous Living

I was reading in Matthew today and came across a passage that I've probably read a hundred times before, but somehow it struck me differently today. Here it is: "Go to the lost, confused people right here in the neighborhood. Tell them that the kingdom is here...You have been treated generously, so live generously."

In my head I know that I am supposed to share Christ with the lost world around me, but sometimes, actually a lot of the time, that knowledge stops right there, as a thought, and never actually carries over into an action. However, Jesus didn't have to come to Earth to die for me or even do a lot of the smaller things he's blessed me with. How ridiculous is it for me to take an incredibly selfless act performed for me and hide it away instead of sharing it with people that need it? Especially when I've been specifically asked to by the creator of the universe? It's like a slap in the face, and I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want to be the one slapping Jesus Christ, Son of God, in the face.

2 comments:

Mrs.H said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

just so you would have a link to mine. :)