Monday, October 13, 2008

Turtle Kiss

I bought a bag of Goldfish Crackers today and was just about to open it up and munch on a few when I happened to glance at the back of the bag. On it there were a few pictures and these instructions: "What do you see? There's always more than one way to look at something. Seeing things in DIFFERENT ways can be HELPFUL when trying to solve problems. WHAT DO YOU SEE BELOW? The answer isn't always what it seems!" Below was the picture that I have placed above and to the right. According to the small, upside down print at the bottom of the bag, this can be two Goldfish Crackers, a dog with floppy ears, or two turtles kissing. I see the goldfish; the dog is a bit of a stretch because of the size of the cheeks, but I can see it; the turtles, on the other hand, are waaaaay too much of a stretch. I agree that they might be turtles. Legless, shell-less turtles that are really more like frogs, but that's not the point. There is no way on earth that said turtles are doing anything resembling a kiss. They look like snapping turtles that are trying to snap each others' heads off, or maybe they have the little hangy thing like turkeys. I don't know what it's called. They're not kissing though.

HOLD IT! I just had a breakthrough. The part of the turtle that I thought was a lower jaw might in fact be a leg. Now the turtles are no longer legless, and they sort of look like they might be kissing, but since when to turtles kiss anyway? And how is seeing turtles shaped like Goldfish Crackers going to help anyone solve any real problems? How do they come up with this stuff?

3 comments:

Mississippi Girl said...

I bet it's one of those minimum wage jobs that they give to college students because they figure that they'll bring stuff to study to work, and they have them working late at night, and we all know what crazy and insane stuff that studying college students come up with late at night...

Mrs.H said...

When I saw the dog, I didn't see the big cheeks. I saw a narrow face coming straight up from the lines making his mouth. The ears stuck WAY out like Pippi Longstocking braids. I still can't see the goldfish!

Unknown said...

I can't not see the big cheeks, and how do you not see the goldfish? They're the white shapes. The tails are the turtle mouths.