Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hello October

Fall officially starts in September, but it doesn't really feel like fall to me until October. It can be 90 degrees outside, but if I know it's October, somehow it still feels like fall. Today was a nice first day of October. It actually wasn't 90 degrees. Only like 77. That's still pretty warm to be considered fall, but any temperature that doesn't have me pouring sweat by the time I get to class is fine by me.

One thing that did mar my lovely October day was my ridiculous Mathematica project. I'm beginning to wish that the teacher that I was so happy with for giving me a second chance had just given me a low grade and let that be the end of it. I'm so tired of being cooped up in a computer lab for countless hours. Tomorrow will be the last day of it though. It has to be because the project is due (for the second time) on Friday. Then only one more project (he claims the second one is easier) and Mathematica will be a thing of my past. Hopefully...

As my partner and I were leaving the computer lab today, we passed by a friend of hers who was also working on a Mathematica project. We are in Honors Cal III and he is in regular Cal III. Our project involved animating 3D locks and shooting projectiles of off towers factoring in not one, but two gravitational pulls. His project involved making graphs of letters of the alphabet. He was on C as we were leaving. I think I want to puke. Why, oh why did I decide to use Cal III as my one honors class this year? Why could I not have done like I did last year and taken something like Honors Intro to Theater? We took like one test in there. It was on Hamlet, which I also read in high school. It had questions like, "What country does Hamlet take place in?" and "What is the name of Hamlet's girlfriend?" I hate my life! Just kidding.

On a lighter note, my Comp II class is cancelled tomorrow. On a darker (Can you use darker? Everone always just uses lighter.) note, I do not get to enjoy this at all because I will once again be in the computer lab burning brain cells by staring at a computer screen and getting absolutely nowhere. On another lighter note, I was planning on working on the project from 11:00 until 2:00 since my 12:30 class was cancelled, but instead I get to quit early. On another darker note, the reason I'm leaving early is because I have a French test at 2:00 that I'm probably going to fail if I don't leave early so I can go study. School is the pits. I'm ready for the weekend. Fall break, baby! Four blissful days of absolutely no school work...except for the fact that I have online physics and Cal III homework due. Fall break is the pits.

3 comments:

Mississippi Girl said...

Darker, lighter, darker...don't adjust your computer screen, it's just Andy's life. I know how you feel! And what the crap is the deal with teachers assigning online homework to be due during Fall Break?!?!? I think it's against the law or something, and if it isn't, it should be. And I hate to say I told you so about the honors cal class...so I won't say I told you so. :) Can we take hon. into to theatre again? That would be loverly. No more honors math or english. Not cool.

Unknown said...

Isn't there an honors origami class? I want to take that!

Mrs.H said...

It's funny that you should mention origami class: check out how I spent my day.
http://mrshatlarge.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-love-my-job.html