Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Crazy Things Rain Does to You

I did something yesterday that I told myself I'd never do: I went to Walmart in pajamas. Yesterday afternoon I went buy textbooks with a friend (my Differential Equations book was $200 and it's not even that thick!) in the rain. We drove to the bookstore, but my car is pretty far from the door of my building, and there were no good spots at Barnes and Noble, so needless to say, I got soaked. The bottom 5 inches of denim on my jeans were drippping. After we finished shopping, we went back to his room to watch a movie. I did not want to sit through an entire movie in wet pants, so I borrowed a pair of p.j. pants and put my sopping wet jeans in front of the air conditioner to dry off. Later that night, a group of us decided to make a trip to Walmart (for that icky cheese that comes in the bottle that you squirt out). I picked up my pants to go change back into them when I discovered that they were still really wet and now super cold from sitting in front of the a.c. Not wanting to be doubly miserable from the wet and cold, I made the trip in the p.j. pants. It is inexusable to my sense of style, but I must say that was the most comfortable squirty cheese run I've ever made.

4 comments:

tank said...

Cheese in a can...hmmm, would that be worth a trip to WM in pj's??? Not sure about that. But now cheesecake would.

Unknown said...

I definitely agree. The cheese in a can was not for me. I was going along for the ride.

Mark Williams said...

Should you use the words "squirty cheese" and "run" in the same sentence? Just sayin...

Mrs.H said...

Mark, I was thinking the same thing!