Monday, January 12, 2009

Incompetant Appliances

I found salt and lime flavored popcorn at Walmart the other day. I'm not a big fan of butter, but I like popcorn, so I figured I'd give it a try. The bag said put it in the microwave for a minute and 30 seconds, so I did. When that time was up, I opened the microwave door and stared sadly at my still flat popcorn bag. I decided to give it another go and pressed the popcorn button on the microwave. This put 3 minutes on the timer. At the end of this 3 minutes, I'd heard one pop, so I put the bag back in for another 3 minutes. At the end of this 3 minutes, making the total microwave time 7 and a half minutes this is how much popcorn I had:I am very sad. I'm going to have to borrow someone's microwave.


UPDATE: I tried again today and discovered it is not the bag. My microwave really is deficient.

4 comments:

Mrs.H said...

Did you try the 17 kernels that actually DID pop? Were they any good? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mississippi Girl said...

It's getting to where you can't trust technology these days.

tank said...

maybe it was a bad bag of popcorn and not the micro?

Unknown said...

it might have just been the bag instead of the microwave, but what is this world coming to when you can't even trust your popcorn bag? as for the taste, it's not very limey, but it's still pretty good and doesn't stink up the room like buttered popcorn does.