Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dreams

Have you ever noticed how incredibly weird dreams are? Sometimes they can be explained, like if I go to bed thinking about someone or something and it shows up in a dream, it's understandable. I was dwelling on it as I went to sleep so it makes sense it would stay with me in sleep. But what about those way out there crazy dreams? This afternoon I was lying on my bed reading Eragon when I dozed off. I dreamed that our church was putting on a Christmas musical with a live Nativity scene and my family was in charge of getting all of the animals to the church. I, wanting to branch out a bit, convinced my parents to get kangaroos and pandas instead of the traditional donkeys and sheep to gather around the manger. I don't know where we found the animals but we brought them to the church in our mini van and were just carrying them into the sanctuary (and getting some mighty odd looks, I might add), when my cell phone beeped and woke me up. Now where did that come from? There are no Christmas programs, pandas, or kangaroos in Eragon so obviously it wasn't because I was thinking about any of it, so how did it end up in my dreams? It's really a shame that I woke up when I did though. I would have liked to have seen how the program turned out.

1 comment:

Mrs.H said...

It's a good thing I know you like I do, or I'd think you were on drugs or something. On the other hand, there are people at church that would expect something like pandas and kangaroos if our family was in charge of the nativity. We have that "hippie" reputation for some reason.