Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tag! You're It!

Tagged by my mom.

* Grab the nearest book.
* Open the book to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions.
* Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
* Tag five other people to do the same.

"Why do we turn to literature, if not for arguments that tell us how to live? What does a work of literature offer us? Consider this comment by Salman Rushdie: 'The liveliness of literature lies in its exceptionality, in being the individual, idiosyncratic vision of one human being in which, to our delight and great surprise, we may find our own vision reflected.'"

It was actually a tie for closest book and the other book had a boring sentence, so I used this one. It's from one of my text books: Literature for Composition. The fact that it's close makes it sound like I'm a good student that actually reads my text books. Don't be misled.

Also, I'm cheating because I don't know anyone on here (other than Mrs. Jones) that hasn't been tagged already, so if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.

2 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

Hmmm...
a book...
there are no books with me on this rug in the middle of the kitchen floor...
I'll think about it later, maybe while in someone's lap who is reading

tank said...

Jackson Tim & Kekey
127 S Cherry St McComb 39648.....601-249-2667

Jackson Toriano
818 New York Av McComb 39648.....
601-684-0140

Sooooo, the phone book was closest!