Tuesday, September 23, 2008

World Domination

I recently bought the game Risk for my dad as a birthday present. I'd never actually sat down and played a full game before. I'd just always assumed I wouldn't like it. I was wrong. We played the night my dad opened the game, and I lost, but I fell in love...with taking over the world. I bought my own copy of the game yesterday and have since succeeded in getting my little group hooked.

I sometimes wonder if I'm missing out on college experiences because I don't go to all the parties, concerts, and clubs, but I really don't think I am. Most people when looking back at school can only reminisce the good old days of getting drunk at every sporting event. I can look back and smile at how many times I controlled the Western Hemisphere or took over Asia and all the strategy discussions between games. Who cares if I'm not a sorority sister with 20 dates? I have achieved world domination.

7 comments:

Mrs.H said...

World domination is nothing to be sneezed at sister! I don't believe you're missing anything worth having. Except the Famous Maroon Band, of course.

Unknown said...

Well you convince your husband to give up his saxophone then.

Mrs.H said...

I see you figured out some programming (or did you conquer a computer geek in your quest for world domination?)

I don't think he'll give up the saxophone

Unknown said...

There wasn't really anything to figure out. I'm still settling.

Exactly.

black betty said...

cool blog...

honey, i worked full-time, was married, and took 15-18 hours of classes during college...and those were my best years. i didn't party all the time, but i had a blast. keep yourself focused and LIVE (other than partying). growing up is fun...being in control of YOURSELF is even better..and being accomplished is the best.

:D

Mark Williams said...

I can remember my brother and his friends staying up all night raiding my parents' fridge and playing risk.
I think that your "college" experience is what you make it. I never partied, went to a frat row or a club but I had plenty of fun. I think in some ways those that find it necessary to get drunk to have fun miss out. We tried our best to be creative and I have some of the best memories of my life coming up with fun things to do. We got hooked on Shanghi Rummy. It literally took all night to play. Have fun your way. You only get this time once in your life. ENJOY!
Melanie

Mark Williams said...

sorry I have to post as Mark. I can't remember my password or login name.
mel